TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE USER READINESS QUESTIONNAIRE
We want to ensure that you are as safe as possible and ask you to read and confirm the following.
We do not provide constant supervision to our spa and pools – there is no poolside lifeguard. We ask you are mindful of this when entering the pool areas. Our rules are published in the pool areas, the pools are 1.2m deep and diving is not permitted under any circumstances.
Whilst we do not always have an instructor based in the gym, there is always staff on duty who will be happy to help guide you on operation of the equipment. Rules of use are published in the gym. If you are still unsure of what to do, having sort advice, do not use the equipment.
To ensure your safety, please read the disclaimer below carefully. You entering and using the facilities is your acknowledgment of the following:
1) You are strongly advised not to use the facilities without proper medical advice if you:
- Have a heart condition (heart attack, angina, irregular heartbeat or hole-in-the-heart)
- Have high or low blood pressure
- Have back or joint problems
- Suffer from diabetes
- Suffer from serious respiratory illness (asthma, bronchitis or emphysema)
- Feel faint / dizzy
- Are under some medication or undergoing medical treatments for any illness
- Had any serious injury or operation within the last 18 months
- Are pregnant (or have given birth in the last 3 months)
2) Please ask staff for assistance if you require any help. Do not:
- Lift more than your body weight
- Ignore signs and notices
- Us the equipment without reading the instructions, even if you have used it before
- Use any equipment you are not familiar with or understood the instructions for use
- Fail to follow any instructions given by the instructor or member of staff
- Exercise beyond your limits
- Fail to always maintain good posture and take regular breaks
- Wear inappropriate clothing and footwear
- Enter the pool or Hydrotherapy pool if you are not physically prepared
We recommend no use of the facilities if you have had a large meal in the last 90 minutes and under no circumstances should you use the facilities if you have been affected by the consumption of alcohol.
Regretfully patrons are not permitted in pool or spa who have had symptoms of diarrhoea in the past 48 hours or cryptosporidiosis in the last 14 days. Unaccompanied children, below the age of 16 are not permitted.
By using the facilities you confirm that you are in good physical condition and that you are capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort or physical condition. We ask that you complete and sign the Readiness Questionnaire before use of the facilities.
Whilst staff will check the Readiness Questionnaire, the staff are not medically trained, therefore the responsibility to gauge your physical condition is yours or through your own doctor. You agree to advise us in writing should this representation cease to be accurate. You understand that you are responsible for monitoring your own condition and should any unusual symptoms occur, you will cease participation and inform a member of staff of those symptoms. You understand that you are entering the facility and using the equipment at your own risk.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to the facilities. If you fail to complete the form in full and to the best of your knowledge, we will not be held liable for any injury that may occur to you.
Please do not forget to ask to staff if you require any advice or guidance – we are here to help.